Commonwealth of Hellenic Micronations
|- Head of the Commonwealth||King of Imvrassia|
|- General Secretary||Temporary vacancy|
|Legislature||Synod of the Commonwealth|
|Established||25 November 2013|
|Area claimed||Hellenic micronations and its claims|
|Population||As the micronations claims|
The Commonwealth of Hellenic Micronations was founded on 25 November 2013.
Etymology & History
The Commonwealth of Hellenic Micronations is a volunteer-free association of independent states. Founded on the initiative of the Principality of Imvrassia to preserve the heritage of micronations in Hellas, but also for micronations which have adopted Hellenistic cultural principles. Unfortunately some of them are micronations which had collapsed or have been inactive for a long time.
With the collapse of these micronations, the Principality of Imvrassia decided to take over control of these and install a protectorate status there. However members of the Commonwealth can be made and active micronations, or if they have activity in Hellas(Greece) or if they are Hellenistic.
Government & Politics
The main institutions dealing with the affairs of the Commonwealth are a. The Head of the Commonwealth, b. the General Secretary and c. the Synod of the Commonwealth.
- Head of the Commonwealth and Head of each Member-State is the King of Imvrassia who bears the title of each state separately.
- The General Secretary is responsible for the relations between the Commonwealth member states, as well as with other organizations and associations.
- Representative body of the member-states of the Commonwealth, is the Synod of the Commonwealth. Each member-state is represented by its Prime Minister or his deputy. The duties of the President of the Synod shall be exercised by the Head of the Commonwealth.
Member-States and Internal Legislation
The Commonwealth members are as follows:
- Imvrassia (25/11/2013)
- Despotate of New Mystras (25/11/2013)
- Kingdom of New Byzantium (17/06/2016)
- Kingdom of Great Ionia (18/06/2016)
Each member-state or protectorate has much autonomous powers under the Head of the Commonwealth, such as:
- the right to have its own flag
- the right to have its own coat of arms
- the right to have its own stamps
- the right to make provincial laws
- the right to control it's own police
- the right to collect it own taxes
- the right to have a Prime Minister and a consultative-legislative body.
- No protectorate can withdraw from the Commonwealth without consent of the Prince and the Synod.
Responsible for external relations of the Commonwealth with other associations and organizations is the General Secretary. Temporarily and to be elected by the Synod of the Commonwealth, responsible for its representation is the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Imvrassia.
Flag of the Hellenic Commonwealth and Member-States