Archduchy of Eganshire
For Archduke and Homeland
Song of Lēnoway
|Micronation in Montreal, Canada |
|Official language(s)||English, French|
|- Archduke||Christopher Kimyōna I|
|Legislature||The Archducal Court|
|Established||July 10th, 2017 (as Egan) September 30th, 2018 (as Eganshire)|
|Area claimed||0.055 sq. km.|
|Currency||Eganese Lid (EGŁ)|
|Time zone||Eganese Standard Time (EgST)|
|National drink||Maple Milk Cocktail|
|Patron saint||John Baker|
Eganshire is a Archduchy, which is a form of monarchy led by an Archduke. The current Archduke is Christopher I of the Kimyona Dynasty, and his heir is Jake I of the Kimyona dynasty, who is the second cousin of Christopher.
The three functions of the Archduke are:
- To serve as head of state and head of government
- To serve as judge when an accusation is made
- To serve as a military leader during wars
LGBTQ+ and abortion are legal. Firearms are completely illegal, with the exception of Nerf guns, Laser Tag Guns, virtual guns, arcade guns, and water guns.
Eganshire claims several territories. Here is a list.
- Lenoway - Egan's forested capital
- Harven - three patches of land by Lenoway
- Scammington - Home of the Konig
- Metallo - Located in a park near Scammington
- Corringham Gardens - Located by a metro station
- Peanut Island - Located in Lake Louisa
Egan was founded on July 10, 2017, by Christopher Kimyona, who was elected Governor in the new one-party state. On October 17, 2017, Kimyona promoted himself to Viscount, and was later crowned Kaiser of Egan on Christmas Day of 2017.
he Eganese Socialist Revolution took place on January 20, 2018, and Egan became a Marxist Socialist state for the next three months. Egan claimed two new territories, Metallo and Aragestan. Aragestan was later ceded to Newton. Aragestan is now a free state currently holding elections.
In late April 2018, the Reactionary Reformation took place, when Egan reverted back to its first government. In that time, Egan claimed a new capital, Lenoway, as well as the territories of Harven and Corringham Gardens.
The Archduchy of Egan was founded on June 14, 2018, but did not last long, as the Commonwealth, initially known as the Banana Republic, was initiated on July 6, 2018. The Archduchy of Eganshire, initially the Konigreich, was formed on September 30, 2018.
The two official currencies of Eganshire are the Eganese Lid and the LoMN Numus. Lids are made out of can lids. The Numus is the currency of the League of Micronations, which Egan is a member of. Eganshire also accepts the Euro, the British Pound, and Canadian currency.
Eganshire celebrates the solstices and equinoxes, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, the New Year, and Thanksgiving. Eganshire also celebrates several other national holidays, most of them inspired from "Stardew Valley" festivals. Christmas and Easter are observed as secular holidays due to their secularization throughout the 20th and 21st century A.D. Citizens get days off on equinoxes and solstices because they are observed as religious holidays. Egan also celebrates Norton Day and Pink Shirt Day.
|Egg Festival||April 13||An annual egg hunt is set up. Whoever finds the most eggs in one minute wins a prize.|
|Lilac Dance||May 24||A lilac-themed dance around any lilac tree|
|Dance of the Moonlight Squirrels||June 28||A night time squirrel-themed dance around any oak tree|
|Eganese Independence Day||July 10||Celebrates the day Egan was founded|
|Elderberry Festival||August 11||Celebrates Elderberries, Egan's national food|
|Senet Games||September 16||The best Senet players compete in Lenoway|
|Eganshire Day||September 30||Celebrates Egan's rebirth as the Konigate of Eganshire|
|Pumpkin's Eve||October 27||A haunted maze is set up. The first one to find the Golden Pumpkin wins a prize.|
|Ice Festival||December 8||Celebrates the element of ice.|
|Christopher Day||December 10|
|Feast of the Winter Star||December 23||Mini-Stockings are put up the night before, and are filled with candy, snacks, and small toys the next day|
The Eganese are a very cultured people. Their culture is based on the video game Stardew Valley. Most Eganese are Pastafarians, Agnostics, Silinists, or Atheists.
The national sport is Senet, an ancient Egyptian variant of chess. Elderberries, Pasta with Hot Sauce, Bagels, Starfruit, and Maple cow's milk are delicacies in Eganese cuisine.
Egan's patron saint is John Baker. He founded the micronation of Madawaska in the early 19th century.
- Banana Republic of Newton - Eganshire and Newton are ethnically related, and the leaders of each nation are good friends
- Kingdom of Totoland - Also ethnically related to Eganshire. The Archduke of Eganshire is also co-king of Totoland, along with his friend.
- Duchy of Lakefieldia - Ruled by relatives of the leader of Eganshire.
- Ecconodantis - The leaders of each nation are also good friends, and friends with the leader of Newton.
- United Imperial Empire - Eganshire and the UIE share a few co-principalities west of Montreal.
The Eganese Military Arsenal consists of:
|Water gun||2 (1 pistol and 1 spare gun)||Ranged||Used to blind and wet enemies|
|Nerf Gun||0 (more to be purchased)||Ranged||Used to shoot the enemy with foam bullets|
|Inflatable boat||1||Mount||The H.E.S. Bertlian (AKA Hensum Buote) can be used to hit enemies from the water|
- It is illegal to be named Earl in Egan.
- Egan uses the metric system while measuring surface area, but the imperial system while measuring people and weight.
- Egan uses Celsius to measure temperature.