- This is a list of Micronations by their system of government. Micronations may add their details here or change any that they see as incorrect.
- All "red link" nations will be deleted as they are not established on this Wiki.
Where the President acts as both Head of State and Head of Government, such as is used in the United States. The Presidency is most often seperate from the legislature, but it sometimes elected by it, as is the case in San Marino.
- Cockatiel Empire
- United Democratic Republic of Legionargo
- Republic of Molossia (de jure)
- Republic of Meropis
- Republic of Ruvia
- The United States of Ding Dong (Constutional Republic)
- Democratic Republic of Leylandiistan
- Republic of Scotannaea
- Independent State of Maitland
- Micro Nation Republic of Jonastan
- Republic of New Althacia
- Federal Republic of Luna
Where the president acts as the Head of State, but only exercises some executive power, with the remainder being exercised by another Head of Government such as a Prime Minister, such as is used in France and Russia.
This is where there is a clear distinction between the Head of State and Head of Government. Usually a Prime Minister or Premier etc acts as the executive (Head of Government) whilst a President acts as a Head of State with little power, such as is used in Germany.
Republic with Captains Regent
This is where there are two equal Captains Regent, instead of President. Both Captains Regent are Heads of the State, like in San Marino.
Dictatorship (sometimes known as a "Democratic Republic")
This is in which a leader of a nation holds all power although is 'freely elected'. Dictators usually take charge unfairly and often against the will of the people though they claim there nations to be fair nations. This can be caused by rigging an election, invading or numerous other reasons. An example of this would be Zimbabwe.
- Republic of Molossia (de facto)
- Provisional Territories of the F.A.R.T.
- Maharlika (from March to June, every year)
This is a form of Republic where the government, like the British House of Lords, is ruled by nobles, such Knights, Lords, and the like. Felbah is, at present, the only example of this government in the Micronational community.
This is a form of a Republic or possibly a Democratic Republic where the constitution guarantees Marxism in the country. This can be done with methods such a Vanguard Party veto, a "Worker's Council" and more. The system of the republic can be diverse with some being more democratic than others, the underlining feature is that they have a political philosophy based on Marxism or similar ideologies. Cuba is a good example of this system.
- The People's Republic of Tudovia
- Greater Sangheili Union
- Federated Union of Socialist Republics
- Soviet Socialist Union of the Wakatipu
When there is a congress which is, in most cases, the only body of the government. Legislative power is not vested in a representative body, but rather by the population of the country. Switzerland has what is perhaps the nearest national system in the world to a direct democracy.
- The Republic of Herøy
- Republic of Kalania
- Free Republic of Liberland
- Independent State of Maitland
- New Starland
- Socialist Republic of Perejil
- Ussarian Empire
Partially direct democracy
In a partially direct democracy, the people have the legislative power, but the government has legislative power as well. Usually the people can initiate a referendum, prevent the elected representatives from passing a law, and other similar things.
Constitutional Monarchy with ceremonial Head of State
Executive power is exercised by the Head of Government. The monarch is the Head of State and is powerless or exercises limited power with the consent of the government, executive or population. This system is currently used by most macronations with monarchies, such as the United Kingdom.
Constitutional Monarchy with active monarchs
The elected Head of Government remains the primary executive, but the Head of State still retains some executive or shared power and is usually active in politics, as is the case in Monaco and Liechtenstein. The power of the monarch is usually reserved for use at their own discretion rather than requiring the consent of another body.
- The Royal Kingdom Of Octavia
- Empire of Austenasia
- Kingdom of Argahtia
- Confederation of Britannia (Monarch retains the right to refuse Bills of Parliament)
- Dominion of British West Florida
- Faroe Islands
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
- Kindom of Aromadi
- United Kingdom of Oceania (Officially known as "Monarchaic Democracy")
- Principality of the Regerin Islands
- Richardtopian Empire
- Principality of Waydina
- Principality of Valia
- Principality of Prussia (Both Monarchs share governmental power and the Prince appoints Head of Interior Ministry)
- Empire of Los Angeles
- Afondale, Kingdom of
- Principality of Wilhelmsburg
A monarch is the sole Head of State, and thus is granted limitless political authority.
- Tsardom of Markoslavia
- The Kingdom of Karian
- Imperial Provinces of Neivacheg
- Principality of Lyonesse
- Kingdom of France
- Kingdom of Bolcar
- Empire of D'visa
- The Empire of Romashu
- Kingdom of Broughtopia
- New Greenland
- Kingdom of Praugsia
- Rain Kingdom
- Royal reformed States of America
- Sonora (Styled as a "Benevolent Monarchy")
- Kingdom of Wattania ("Puppet Parliament" with Prime Minister)
- Fransic Empire
- Despotate of New Mystras (Imvrassian protectorate)
- United Grand Kingdom of Gillia and the Holy People
- Despotate of Thrace (Imvrassian protectorate)
- Unironic Empire (Styled as a "Federal Absolute Monarchy")
- Kingdom of Adenia (Styled as a Feudal Monarchy)
- Meowian Empire (Actually a Constitutional Empire with an Emperor holding supreme power)
- Grand Duchy of Broslavia
- Autocracy of the Slaviac Union
- Topherian Empire (Styled as a "Feudalistic Monarchy")
- Kingdom of Belaĵio
- Empire of Everland\Emperor In Power with Prime Minister and Chancellor Able to pass laws after consulting The Emperor
- United Holy Kingdom of Beaulosagñe and the Knights Templar of the Holy Grail.
A state where a religion is the most important element in the running of the state.
A state where the majority, if not all, political power is entrusted in a single official political party.
- The Fortis Republic
- The New German Democratic Republic
- Great Porea (Also known as the "Great Porean People's Socialist Republic")
- Empire of Trihinia
Other Forms of Government
- Confederal Union, City State Direct Democracy, and Ambassadorial Assembly - United City States
- Constitutional Oligarchy - Used in NottaLotta Acres
- Constitutional Oligarchy - The Kingdom Of Alosus
- Consulate (In the style of Napoleonic France) - Jovak Helm
- Direct Democracy under Constitutional Semi-Monarchist Republic - Doberman Island Republic
- Decentralised Imperial Triumvirate- Reylan Imperial Triumvirate
- Parliamentary Monarchy - Slinky Empyre
- Silent and direct Democracy - Land Republic Bascal
- Federative democratic-technocracy - Technate
- Federal/ Absolute Monarchy - Federal Kingdom of Saxonistan
- Totalitarian Monarchy - Free Kingdom of Aliama
- Autocracy - Autocracy of the Slaviac Union
- Diarchy (monarchy with two kings) - Empire of Barbettia