|Founder(s)||Fabian Schneider (User:Monsterfurby)|
|Active||Active since 2005|
MicroWiki — also known as MicroWikia — is a free online encyclopedia seeking to catalogue and document every aspect of the micronational phenomenon. Originally established in 2005, the project aims to establish an English micronational equivalent to the well-known and extremely popular online encyclopedia Wikipedia, using the same familiar content creation and maintenance tools.
Like Wikipedia, MicroWiki's content is completely free and available to the general public for fair use. MicroWiki is an open encyclopedia that any user can edit. The website does not attempt to copy or replace WikiProject Micronations at Wikipedia, but rather to develop a wiki that is able to deal with specific micronational subject matters in greater detail than Wikipedia can under its current policy content.
Whilst Wikipedia typically affords micronations a single page at most and has strict content policies that make it difficult for most micronations to earn a place there, MicroWiki accepts any and all micronations provided they adhere to (considerably more lenient) content policies. Instead of having a simple master page that describes a micronation, editors at MicroWiki can create specific pages for persons, government departments, historical events, important documents, concepts - anything that one could find on Wikipedia about a macronation.
As a wiki, MicroWiki is maintained by a team of administrative staff, but the actual content of the website is created and edited by ordinary users, or contributors. All of the encyclopedia's articles have been contributed to the wiki by its users, who work together collaboratively. Content on the wiki is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. This means that anyone can change any of the content on this wiki unless otherwise specified, and take content off this wiki and use it for any purpose. A person's right to do this however is conditional — one must to attribute the work to MicroWiki or to its specific creators, and one can only share it under the same license that MicroWiki offers.
- Recent Changes - see the 500 newest changes to the wiki over the past month
- Full Archive - all of MicroWiki's pages catalogued in alphabetical order
- New Pages - a list of the most recent brand new articles
- Pages by Namespace - see articles by their prefix (e.g., Help:, Template: etc.)
- Article Categories - all of the categories MicroWiki's articles are stored in (a more specific version of the archive)
- Random Page - visit a random page on the wiki
- Most Popular Article - a list of the articles with the most unique visitors
- MicroWiki University - the wiki's official help center