Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Stretched English Language is a variant of American English and is the official language of the Kingdom of Stretch.
There are only two difference in pronunciation: All vowels are held longer, and the P sound becomes the B sound. Other than that, Eveything is Spelling.
- There are no Double-Consonants other than in names and in the word Rubber (Filler becomes Filer)
- There are no silent letters (Thought Becomes Thout)
- The QU sound becomes KU (Aqua to Akua)
- The Z sound becomes S. (Zest to Sest)
- The J sound becomes G. (Jug to Gug)
- The Soft C becomes S (Slice to Slise)
- Hard C and CK becomes K (Hacker becomes Haker)
- The X sound becomes KS (Axe to Akse)
- The P sound becomes the B sound. (Pig becomes Big and sounds like Big)
- The EE sound becomes y (Meat becomes Myt)
- The i sound with a Y becomes i (Cry to Cri)
There are other words which are changed. For Example, Enough becomes Ynouf. "The" is always pronounced "thee", which becomes Thy.
|American English||Stretched English|
|Pop Quiz||Bob Kuis|
|Try to catch me.||Tri to katch my.|
|I'm still alive.||I'm stil alive.|
|Mix Juice with Coke.||Miks Guise with Koke.|
|The time has come.||Thy time has kome.|
|Helium Balloon||Hylyum Balloon|
|Enough is enough||Ynouf is Ynouf.|
|Citsale (Capital of Stretch)||Sitsale|
|Pep Talk||Beb Tak|
|The Price is Right||Thy Brise is Rit.|
|Declare Independence||Dyklare independense|